Series of pictures I did inspired by songs. To understand these pieces you have to listen to the song first and keep in mind that I tried to use color symbolically.
For each of these, I turned the song on repeat and listened to it no more than 3 times and basically just drew how I feel about the song and what I think the message of the song is.
The text comes straight from the lyrics of the songs with the exception of the one inspired by “Begin Again.” The words on the petals are personal touches that relate to my life.
Top Left: Inspired by The Civil War’s “Poison and Wine”
Top Right: Inspired by MatchBox Twenty’s “Our Song”
Bottom Left: Inspired by The Civil War’s version of “Dance Me to the End of Love”
- Top Right: “oh let me see your beauty when the witnesses are gone”
- Top Left: “lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove”
- Bottom Left: “let me feel you moving like they do in Babylon”
- Bottom Right: “dance me to the end of love”
Vertical Right: Inspired by Taylor Swift’s “Begin Again”
- Center-Black writing: “I’ve been spending the last 8 months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end.”
- Green writing: “But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again.”
- Top left leaf: “past is past”
- Bottom right leaf: “talk all night”
- Top right petal: “Star Wars; Justice for the weak; Smile”
- Bottom left petal: “Strength; Grace; Beauty”
Vertical Left: Inspired by MatchBox Twenty’s “English Town”
- Top right: “In the dark we can lose our sleep.”
- Bottom center: “It pulls me away.”
- Clock tower: “I don’t know why but I know I’m not ever going back.”
- Sun: “When the sun breaks over the edge of an English town.”